Promise and Statistics
Patient safety and care is the highest priority of the consultants, the clinical staff and the administrative team working at The Westbourne Centre.
From the initial telephone call through post-operative care and appointments, we promise your experience at our specialist surgical centre will be positive and comfortable.
Don’t just take our word for it. People who visit The Westbourne Centre have wonderful, positive things to say about us.
Read through the patient stories on our website, or have a search on Google to find other interesting forums and discussions regarding our staff, consultants, procedures and use of local anaesthetic with or without sedation.
Care Quality Commission
As a private day facility, The Westbourne Centre is monitored and regulated by the Care Quality Commission and regularly receive announced and unannounced inspections.
The complete profile and reports on the quality of care provided by The Westbourne Centre are available on the CQC website, click here to be redirected to our page on their website. We welcome all patients to submit a review of their experience to the CQC as these reviews are continuously collected and provide additional information and feedback.
- Successful unannounced CQC inspection conducted in January 2013
- Excellent results of October 2013 inspection, results and reports available by clicking here
IHAS Quality Assurance Mark
The Westbourne Centre belongs to the trade body IHAS, the Independent Healthcare Advisory Service, to keep up on developing codes of practice, standards of care, and industry benchmarks for services.
IHAS membership gives us the opportunity to share knowledge, expertise and experiences with our peers for the common good. We actively support the Treatments You Can Trust (TYCT) agenda.
The Westbourne Centre has been awarded the Cosmetic IHAS Quality Assurance Mark “The sign of safer cosmetic injectable treatments”
- We have had NO cases of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) or Clostridium Difficile (C. diff) contracted in the centre since opening our doors in January 2009
- All surgical patients undergo pre-operative assessment and diagnostics to ensure patient and staff safety
- The operating theatre follows the World Health Organisation’s 25-point surgical checklist for safe surgery including Time In, Time Out, Sign Out procedures
The Westbourne Centre is housed in a two-story, brick building with a state-of-the-art modern interior in the heart of Edgbaston, Birmingham.
We have invested in infrastructure and technology to create an outstanding operating theatre and three dental surgical suites, comfortable yet functional recovery rooms and consulting rooms, and welcoming reception and waiting areas.
- Free, on-site parking and easily accessible by public transport links click here for our map
- Disabled access through the Centre
- Adults and children over age 3 are able to be treated