Consultant Dermatologist & Dermatological Surgeon
- MBBCH (Ireland)
- BSC Science (Ireland)
- MRCP (UK)
- Certificate of Completion of Training in Dermatology
- British Association of Dermatologists
- British Society for Dermatological Surgery
- Royal College of Physicians
Services and Clinical Interests
- Epidermoid cyst removal
- Skin shave biopsy, curettage and excision procedures
- Mole checks and Dermoscopy
- Skin cancer excisions
- Mohs Micrographic surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
- Photodynamic therapy for skin cancer
- Laser treatment for vascular anomalies and rosacea
Dr Varma qualified from the University College Cork, Republic of Ireland in 1998 with a degree in medicine and a bachelor degree in medical science.
Dr Varma trained in general medicine at the University Hospital's Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust. She underwent her specialist training in Dermatology at University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff and also at West Midlands. She subsequently completed the highly acclaimed one year Mohs Micrographic Surgical Fellowship involving surgery, reconstruction and laser therapy at the Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham. She was then appointed as a Consultant Mohs Surgeon at the same centre, where she still continues to work a few sessions a week (Nottingham Treatment Centre). She also works as a consultant dermatologist and dermatological surgeon at City Hospital in Birmingham, where she performs dermatological surgery as part of skin cancer therapy as well as laser therapy for various skin disorders.
Dr Varma's interest is in the area of detection and treatment of skin cancer. She can perform specialised surgical procedures, including reconstructions creating skin flaps, split thickness grafts and full thickness skin grafts for closure of large wounds following Mohs surgical excisions for skin cancer.
Current positions held
- Consultant Dermatologist and Dermatological surgeon at City Hospital, Birmingham Consultant Dermatologist and Dermatological surgeon at Nottingham Treatment Centre, Nottingham