Our patient pledge
We understand that attending a hospital can be an anxious time for many people, especially in the current climate.
The Westbourne Centre has been providing support to the NHS and successfully carrying out operations throughout the COVID period. This experience has allowed us to develop a patient care pathway that adheres to all the latest government guidelines and maintains a safe clinical environment for both patients and staff.
We pledge to our patients we will do all we can to alleviate your concerns, reassure you and make your appointment or surgical admission as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Steps that we have taken include:
(1) Safety - full adherence to all guidance issued from professional organisations including the Government and Public Health England.
(2) Virtual consultations - we are undertaking consultations virtually where possible to minimise visits to the hospital.
(3) Patient pathways - we have segregated our patient pathways
(4) Cleanliness - we have increased cleaning rotas for common touch point areas
(5) PPE - we have maintained Personal Protective Equipment supplies and are ensuring our staff are wearing surgical masks to protect you.
(6) Social distancing - we have implemented social distancing in public reception and waiting areas.
(7) Hand hygiene - we have increased hand washing and alcohol gel dispensing facilities.
(8) Testing - all patients having a procedure are swabbed for COVID-19 72 hours prior to admission.
(9) Clinical processes - we have implemented additional processes including all individuals are risk assessed and have their temperatures checked.
(10) Training - all staff are receiving ongoing infection prevention training.
(11) Reducing footfall - we are requesting that only patients attend the hospital.
(12) Admissions - we have staggered admission times for our patients to ease the patient pathway.
(13) Car parking - we are ensuring we have as many free car parking spaces available for our patients as possible.
(14) Patient support - we can provide access to a dedicated member of staff to talk through any concerns you may have prior to attending hospital.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us on 0121 456 0880.