The Westbourne Centre Limited (“The Westbourne Centre”) is committed to ensuring the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information.
The Westbourne Centre must comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk. For the purposes of the Act, The Westbourne Centre is the data controller.
How we use your information
- Visitors to our websites
- Visitors who submit a general enquiry via our contact page or who correspond with us phone, email or otherwise
- Those who use our services, e.g. who subscribe to our newsletter or request a publication from us
- Job applicants and our current and former employees
- Those who send a written complaint or enquiry to our Information Governance Manager
- Those who participate in a survey posted on a The Westbourne Centre website
- Those who participate in a competition posted on a The Westbourne Centre website
Visitors to our websites
The Westbourne Centre collects data on visitors to its websites including usage and behaviour patterns. This is purely to review the number of visits to each part of the website and how the user accessed the website. Information collected includes:
- Date and time of visit
- Pages accessed
- Browser or mobile platform used to access the website
- Source used to find and access the website (i.e. Google Search Engine)
- Location of the visitor (town level only)
- Search queries from external and internal search engines
- Page interaction information
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, operating system and platform
When you use our website (or any other owned and operated by The Westbourne Centre) we do not attempt to identify you as an individual user and we will not collect personal information about you unless you specifically provide this to us.
We may collect your personal information if you choose to provide this to us via an online form or by email. Examples are where you:
- submit a general enquiry via our contacts page;
- register to receive email Newsletters; or
- make a general enquiry via the telephone displayed on the website
- Send a written complaint or enquiry to our Information Governance Manager.
Use and disclosure
We will only use personal information collected via our website for the purposes for which we have been given it. This includes responding to your enquiries, delivering electronic Newsletters or improving the website.
The Westbourne Centre may share your personal information with any member of our group, including any of its subsidiaries, The Westbourne Centre’s holding company and its subsidiaries. The Westbourne Centre may also share your information with analytics and search engine providers in order to assist us in improving and optimising our site.
We will not use or disclose personal information to other organisations or anyone else unless:
- Consent has been given for us to do so;
- You would reasonably expect or we have told you that your information is usually used or disclosed to other organisations or persons in this way;
- The use or disclosure is required or authorised by law; or
- The disclosure is reasonably necessary for law enforcement functions or for the protection of public revenue.
If we receive your email address because you sent us an email message, the email will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which you have provided it and we will not add your email address to an emailing list or disclose this to anyone else without your consent.
If we collect your personal information from our website, we will maintain and update your information as necessary or when you advise us that your personal information has changed.
The Westbourne Centre is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use technologies and processes such as access control procedures, network firewalls, encryption and physical security to protect the privacy of information. Although the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information, we will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from loss, misuse or alteration.
If you choose to complete our online forms or make enquiries via our website, we will ensure that your contact details are stored on password protected databases.
Staff members associated with website maintenance have access to our website’s administration system. This is password protected. Our website service is also password protected.
Access and correction of personal information
You can find out if we hold any of your personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If any information is held about you, The Westbourne Centre will:
- Give you a description of the personal data for which you are the data subject;
- The purposes for which they are being held;
- The recipients or classes of recipients to whom they are or may be disclosed; and
- Let you have a copy of your data in an intelligible form.
To make a request to The Westbourne Centre for any personal information we may hold or to make a complaint about privacy issues, you need to put the request in writing addressing it to our Information Governance Manager at the address provided below:
The Westbourne Centre
53 Church Road,
If we do hold your data and they are wrong, you can ask us to correct any mistakes through the contact details above.
Any access requests may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Links to other websites
We may create links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices employed by those responsible for any third party websites we are linked to.
Search queries and results are logged anonymously to help us improve our website and search functionality. No user-specific data is collected by either The Westbourne Centre or any third party.
In the interests of training and continually improving our services calls to The Westbourne Centre Hospitals may be monitored or recorded. Private calls to and from patients in our hospitals are not recorded.
Any email sent to us, including any attachments, may be monitored and blocked if the email you send to us is potentially a threat to our information systems or illegal.
We will only send you marketing information where you have agreed to receive it. You can stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link embedded within the email that has been sent to you. Doing so will remove your data from our contacts list automatically.
When individuals apply to work at The Westbourne Centre, we will only use the information they supply to us to process their applications and to monitor recruitment statistics. Where we want to disclose information to a third party, for example where we want to take up a reference or obtain a ‘disclosure’ from the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) previously known as the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) we will not do so without informing applicants beforehand unless the disclosure is required by law.
Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for 12 months after the recruitment exercise has been completed, it will then be destroyed or deleted. We retain de-personalised statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities, but no individuals are identifiable from that data.
Changes to this privacy notice